Saturday, November 14, 2009

Drawing the deads

I found a new activity that i'll try to do at least twice a month. Body Worlds exposition is currently available in Singapore,  from October to March 2010. This is my chance to make some anatomy studies, the way old masters did. Looking at the real stuff. I was a bit uncomfortable when i was thinking about it, having real dead person in front of you can only remind you your own fate. But the opportunity is too great to miss. One day i'll be dead anyway, there is no point hiding from this fact. I took my aquabee sketchbook 11 by 14, 3 waterbrush, one with a diluted ink, some pencils. When i got there, first thing I realized, It's actually not gross at all. The bodies look like sculptures, with a meat texture. Unimpressed I started sketching. They starred at me starring at them, whispering... "One day... it'll be you".












No comments: