Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ah Foong in 2 Washes

Life Drawing again, I was getting bored few weeks ago during these sessions, caught up in my way of doing things, repeating the same mistakes over and over. So this time i decided to apply what I tried last week, complete a painting with only 2 washes, and dark accent in the end. It went ok... I did a lot of mistakes, often confused in what should be 1st wash and must be 2nd wash. These poses were 25 minutes, so I had very little time to paint because of the drying time. I used a butcher tray (I'm really starting to love this), with a limited palette of Indigo, Burnt Sienna and Raw Sienna. And yes she kept smiling.




4 comments:

Welles Tan said...

Real nice watercolor figure painting!

Unknown said...

Thank you :) But there is so much I want to improve.

Simon said...

putin michel t'assure, ce volume dans ces dernières la, quand tu fou une partie ombrée avec ta couleur bleu grise, ça tue!

Sam said...

love the colours...